About Clare Saponia
Clare by name. Clear by nature.
“The aim of life is self-development. To realise one’s nature perfectly
– that is what each of us is here for.” – Oscar Wilde
What happens when culture and creativity merge?
Growing up in London of a diverse European heritage, I found myself inspired by language at a very young age. Throughout my childhood, I was exposed to colourful accents, stories and a scope of expression that excited my senses: I noticed a magical quality in words, both spoken and written, that could transport dialogue to deeper level.
My enthusiasm for English in an aesthetic, creative and communicative capacity organically developed into a fascination for foreign languages too. I was driven by how much more accessible the world seemed; how much closer I could interact with others, reaching them not merely in what I say or write, but – through story-telling – also how.
I am the author of: The Oranges of Revolution (Smokestack Books, 2015), Copyrighting War and other Business Sins (Olympia Publishers, 2011) and contributor to four anthologies: Witches, Warriors, Workers (Culture Matters 2020), Kakania – An Anthology (Austrian Cultural Institute, 2015). The Robin Hood Book – Verse Versus Austerity (Caparison, 2012) and Emergency Verse – Poetry in Defence of the Welfare State (Caparison, 2011).
How do my life experiences enhance the services I offer you?
- Linguistic fluency and cultural expertise – having studied, lived and worked abroad since 1998
- Specialist knowledge of – and sensitivity to – language as an experienced, published writer, translation & corporate language-training consultant
- Provision of language services for a broad spectrum of multinational companies and institutions including The Bank of New York, Daimler and Siemens
- Experience as a freelance consultant in understanding and dealing with clients’ individual needs, keenly and perceptively
How would I describe myself to you as an associate?
Dynamic – Motivated – Target-oriented – Flexible – Creative Lateral Thinker
“Success is liking yourself, liking what you do and liking how you do it.” – Maya Angelou
I thrive on working with people on an interpersonal level. I am a communicator by nature with a finely tuned ability to listen, whilst at the same time being articulate and deeply expressive in both a spoken and written capacity.
I am highly organised, experienced in prioritising and meeting deadlines; managing my clients’ requests.
I am able to think outside the box to create solutions, and above all, on my feet.